Ōmarunui pā near Taradale.
Watercolour on paper depicting Ōmarunui pā near Taradale. The pā contains a number of small buildings and is surrounded by a large fence. In the foreground is the Tutaekuri River, and in the background is the Kaweka range of hills.
Today a memorial stands on the site of Ōmarunui, about 4 km southwest of the Napier suburb of Taradale. It is situated on the edge of a vineyard on Omarunui Road, 2 km from the junction with Korokipo Road (State Highway 50) to mark the battle in which settlers and local Ngāti Kahungunu fought a Pai Mārire (Hauhau) faction of Ngāti Hineuru on the morning of 12 October 1866.
- Taradale: The Story of a Village 1844-2000 by Janet Gordon and Shirley Spence
- MTG Hawke's Bay Collection